Rules of Writing
Manuscripts prepared in accordance with the publication principles and spelling rules determined by the journal are sent via e-mail “email@example.com”.
- The language of the journal is Turkishand English.
- Article files must be sent in Microsoft Word format.
- In order to maintain objectivity in the evaluation, there must be no author information in the text. An additional document (Cover Page) that includes author information must be prepared. This additional document (Cover Page) must be uploaded to the system during the application.
Information to be Included in the Cover Page:
-Turkish and English title of the study
Writer(s)’s names, titles, affiliations, e-mail addresses, ORCID numbers
Corresponding author’s address and telephone
Whether the study is based on a thesis
– If presented, in which conference, where and when?
-Article Type (Research Article, Review Article)
-Financial support, conflict of interest, acknowledgements and ethics committee approval (board name, date and number)
Main Text: Research articles must be presented with the following subheadings: abstract, introduction, method, findings, discussion, conclusion and recommendations, and references. Information that will reveal the identity of the authors (names or introductory information about the institutions they work for) must not be included in the main text.
The study must comply with certain conditions determined according to the publication categories.
|Article Type||Word Limit||Word Limit for the Abstract||Author Limit|
|Letter to the Editor||1500||–||2|
The abstract of the article must be prepared in both Turkish and English, not exceeding 250 words. The content of the abstract to be written in Turkish and English must be similar. The abstract must be written in a maximum of 250 words. It must include the information regarding the purpose, method, findings and result. Abbreviations must not be cited or used in abstracts. Below the abstract of the study, keywords that can be indicative of the main subject of the study, ranging from 3 to 5, must be given in alphabetical order.
- All submitted articles are scanned for plagiarism (similarity) at the pre-review stage through Turnitin software. Scanning is performed excluding the “reference, quotations, and parts of text with overlaps of less than 5 words”. Studies with plagiarism rates above 15% in research articles and 20% in review articles are directly rejected at the pre-review stage.
- Referencing: Footnotes and endnotes must not be used in the article. In-text quotations and citations must be specified in accordance with APA 7th edition format. For detailed information about APA 7th version:
American Psychological Association. 2020 Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). Washington, DC: APA. https://apastyle.apa.org/
- 1. In-Text Referencing
- Single author: According to Wang (2020); …………. (Wang, 2020).
- With two authors: According to Ulupınar and Toygar (2020:534); …………. (Ulupınar and Toygar, 2020:534).
- With three or more authors: Horodnic et al. (2016)……, …… (Horodnic et al., 2016).
- In Abbreviations: First citation: (World Health Organization [WHO], 2019); Second citation: (WHO, 2019).
- When more than one work is cited in the same parenthesis, the works must be listed alphabetically, separated by semicolons: (Mooney, 2016; Zhang, 2020).
- For authors with the same surname, the first letter of the name must also be used to avoid confusion: ……. (A. Davidson, 2008; E. Davidson, 2011).
- If two or more works of the same author published in the same year are cited; The letters (a, b, c) are used after the year: According to the study by Navarro (1996a) (…); …. (Navarro, 1996a).
Before submitting your article, be sure to prepare the following documents*:
- Copyright Transfer Form
- Cover Page
- Main Text of the Article
- Ethics Committee Permit (if required)
* It is the authors’ responsibility to obtain the necessary permissions for the data used in the studies, the journal does not accept any responsibility in this regard. However, if deemed necessary by the journal, the raw data of the studies may be requested from the authors, and the author must share the data with the journal.